Offsite Pull Program for Partner Shelters/Rescues
The objective of our Offsite Pull Program is to band together with our partner shelters/rescues so we can save as many lives as possible thru adoption while freeing up space in over-crowded shelters/rescues.
Offsite adoption events give homeless animals an extra chance at finding their forever homes. At a minimum, these dogs get a break from the shelter for the day and critical adoption exposure.
How It Works
- VOSPCA pulls pre-registered, pre-qualified animals from partner shelters/rescues for offsite events.
- We schedule, organize, insure and fund staffing and promotion of the events.
- If the pet is adopted, the adoption fee goes to VOSPCA to offset event costs noted above. If the pet is not adopted, VOSPCA receives no payment and the unadopted pet returns to the partner shelter/rescue immediately following the event.
- We work with our partners to sort out pet transportation to/from the event. If the event and pet are in the same area, we ask our partners to drop off and pick up the pet. Otherwise, we will work with partners on transportation logistics.
- We qualify adopters and step them through the VOSPCA adoption process. http://www.vospca.org/read-me/
- Following is the criteria for animals to participate in this program:
- Behaviorally fit for adoption (no human or pet aggressive behaviors).
- Physically fit for adoption (no pre-existing medical conditions, illnesses, fleas, or worms).
- Current on vaccinations: DHLP-P/FVR-CP vaccinations, and rabies vaccination.
- Optional: microchipped. VOSPCA will microchip unmicrochipped pets as part of the adoption process at no cost to the partner shelter/rescue.
Tips For Success
- If possible, the pet should be bathed/groomed.
- Pets should have a collar and a clean crate that will be returned after the event. Please ensure your crates have your organizations name on them.
- Please ensure pets are dropped off/picked up on time. If we are transporting the pets, please ensure the pets are ready for pick up and staff is available for drop off after the event if they don’t get adopted.
- We can always use volunteer help, so if your organization has free hands who want to assist at the event, they are welcomed to join!
Request An Offsite Pull
If you are a partner shelter/rescue that we work with and would like to suggest a pet for a VOSPCA offsite pull, please complete the following Offsite Pull Pet Application (it’s super simple). If we haven’t had the opportunity to partner with you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling.
"The off-site pull program is a great opportunity to get our shelter dogs more exposure to the public. It gives prospective families an opportunity to see our dogs outside of the shelter environment and provides a greater chance at adoption."
Tulare Animal Services
Offsite Pull Pet Application
If a pet is approved for an offsite pull, the partner rescue/shelter will be required to email a current vaccination record and a digital photo of the pet to email@example.com